From one of my favorite Facebook pages - Words, Words, Words. If you enjoy a good word joke, you should follow them.
I felt the need to correct this “joke”, since it isn’t funny.
1) Fine - “You’ve ignored the facts I’ve brought to the table and I’m tired of this argument because you’ve already decided I am wrong and not worth listening to, so I’m just going to walk away.”
2) Nothing - “I can’t explain to you how I feel because every time I’ve done so before you have belittled my feelings and now you are angry at me because I won’t tell you how I feel, but when I tell you, you are going to just tell me I don’t know how I feel, so I am trapped.”
3) Go ahead. - “You are once again saying that my opinion means nothing and I know you will do it anyway, even though I have explained why this is a bad idea. Yes, it is a bit of a dare. But I also know when it blows up in your face, you are going to blame me, so at the same time I am hoping you don’t.”
4) Whatever - “You aren’t listening and have twisted my words around so much that I am exhausted. Do whatever you want, and when it blows up? I’ll take the blame just like if it succeeds, you’ll take the glory.”
5) That’s okay. - “You’ve done something to hurt me, again. I’ve told you before it hurts, but you never listen, but I’ll repeat this phrase because explaining for the nth time just isn’t worth it.”
Yes, there are some women that are like this, that have never had to face this and will laugh.
But I cannot because it words like this that continue to harm women around the world.